Aadhaar Card Correction / Update Form (Name, Address, Mobile Number, DOB) SSUP: Aadhaar Card is a very important document or an identity proof for every citizen of India. Many people take the presence of this Aadhar card very lightly, but there are some major advantages which are involved with an Aaadhaar card. Thus, if there are any mistakes which are there in an Aadhaar card, it is very important that one gets it rectified as soon as possible, through the provision of Aadhaar card Correction, which is a benefit provided by the government. Now, one may wonder that how one can get such corrections done through the Aadhaar card correction / update form. We will come to it, but before that, it is extremely important that you know what an Aadhaar card and self service portal is and why it is so much required.
Importance of Aadhaar Card Update : SSUP (Self Service Update Portal)
To update your aadhaar card you need to visit self service update portal. This portal is also known as SSUP in short. The Official website of ssup is ssup.uidai.gov.in. As we all know, nowadays the government is bringing up many instances where we have to link our Aadhaar card with other entities like a bank account, mobile number and many more. This not only reflects how important this card is, but it also shows that the card can also behave as a security gateway, another portal to describe the importance of the feature of Aadhaar card Correction / Update Online / Offline in order to make any kind of changes or corrections in your Aadhaar card.
Let us take an example. Let us take the example of linking Aadhaar card to mobile number. Practically in our day to day life, it may not bring us any profit whatsoever, but it does bring a lot of profit for our nation as the elimination of many illegal SIM card users have already started. So, here the importance may not be individually based, but definitely will be nation based. Here you can check your Aadhaar Card Status and Download Aadhaar Card By Aadhar Number and Enrollment Number.
How to Make Aadhar Card Correction / SSUP Update?
If you come across certain situations where you find that your Aaadhaar card contains some kind of mistakes, then you can obviously get it corrected. The same can be done by using the feature, Aadhaar card correction / update. Now, if we do want to make some changes under certain circumstances, then the Aadhaar card correction / SSUP update form can be done in three ways. These three ways are:
- Aadhaar card Update through online mode using ssup update portal.
- Aadhaar card correction through offline mode, that is, through post
- Aadhaar card correction / Update through offline mode, that is, by visiting the nearby authorized center for Aadhaar card
Let us now go through these three different ways of Self Service Update portal SSUP individually in depth and how to go about the same. Here you can Apply for Aadhaar Card Registration Online / Offline.
Aadhaar card correction / update
Aadhaar Card Correction / Update : Name, Address, Mobile Number, Date of Birth through Online Mode
Below mentioned are the simple and easy steps which will lead you to Aadhaar card correction/update through the online method.
- Visit what is called the “Self Service Update Portal” for Aaadhaar card as named by the government, which is, https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home#/ for Aadhaar card correction / update information.
- Now we need to login to the portal by using the correct and valid login credentials.
- Submit the Aadhaar card correction / update request for aadhaar card through this online portal.
- Make the necessary changes as you would like it to have and save these changes successfully.
- Now you need to upload all the important documents, which act as supporting documents for the completion of the Aaadhaar card correction process.
- After the request is successfully submitted, the system will be an auto-generating unique request number for you, which you can use to refer to the future tracking of your aadhaar card correction request.
Aadhaar Card Correction / Update : Name, Address, Mobile Number, Date of Birth through Offline Mode
The process of Aadhaar card correction can be done through two ways when it comes to the offline mode of application. The first offline method is by posting and the second offline method is by visiting a nearby authorized center for Aadhaar card correction. Let us now discuss these two offline methods of Aadhaar card correction individually and how to go about them.
- Aadhaar card update by Post: if you want to post your Aaadhaar card correction request, then all you have to do first is to download the form. After downloading, you have to fill up form according to the rules and regulations and the instructions as mentioned in the form. Then, you have to get all the supporting documents at one place as demanded by the form. Now, assemble all of these papers together, put it in an envelope and post it two the concerned postal address. The postal addresses will be given below for your reference.
- Aadhaar card correction by Visiting nearby Centre: If you are interested to visit the nearby authorized center for Aadhaar card to make Aaadhaar card correction, then you can also choose this method of application. The process for posting and visiting nearby authorized center is the same. The only difference lies in two points. Firstly, there you had to download the form, which you don’t have to do here. Secondly, there you had to post the form and here you can deposit it hand to hand. All other remaining methods and procedures are same for visiting a nearby center as that of posting.
Now, when you have a detailed structure about the all three different Aadhaar card correction / update methods, it is up to you to decide which method would suit you the most and will be for your convenience.
Aadhar Card Correction By Sending Requests through Post at The Postal Address
As decided above, one of the offline methods for Aadhaar card correction / update is through post. Now, there are certain postal addresses where you have to post your application form. Some of the postal addresses are mentioned below:
- The first address: UIDAI, Post Box Number 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh- 480001, India
- The second address: UIDAI, Post Box Number 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad- 500034, India
Application Fee for Aadhaar Card Correction
Ideally, there is no amount of money which has been assigned as “application fee” for Aaadhaar card Update. This directly means that you can do Aaadhaar card correction and get your Aadhaar card updated for free of cost or no charges. But, if you are looking forward to visiting some nearby authorized center for getting your Aaadhaar card updated, then with every visit to update your Aadhaar card, you have to pay an amount of Rs.25/- approximately every time.