Friends, this is a very popular educational website in Maru-Gujarat.com. We Published daily educational news, New jobs, CCC, Results, Call Letters, Jobs in Gujarat, Bank jobs in Gujarat, Bank Jobs in India, GK, GK Gujarat, Current Affairs, Daily Current Affairs, Latest Study Materials Useful Application in our site. Thanks for Visit.
Boston University (BU): Boston University (BU) is a famous university based in Boston, Massachusetts. The university was established in the year 1839. The university campus is spread across 134 acres. Currently, More than 9,742 international students from 130 countries are studying at the university.
Boston University (BU) – Overview
Boston University (commonly referred to as BU) is a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts. The university is nonsectarian, but has been historically affiliated with the United Methodist Church. The university has more than 3,900 faculty members and nearly 33,000 students and is one of Boston’s largest employers. It offers bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorates, and medical, dental, business, and law degrees through 17 schools and colleges on two urban campuses. The main campus is situated along the Charles River in Boston’s Fenway-Kenmore and Allston neighborhoods, while the Boston University Medical Campus is in Boston’s South End neighborhood.
Official Website: www.bu.edu
Achievements of Boston University (BU)
The university has grown over the years with crossing various milestones in its journey. We have listed out some of the great achievements of the university.
- In the year 1876, Boston University professor Alexander Graham Bell invented one of the greatest discoveries, the telephone, in a university’s laboratory
- Boston University is ranked 36th countrywide in the Wall Street Journal/Time Higher Education U.S. colleges and universities ranking
- In the year 2016, BU reported $368.9 million in fund research, comprising more than 1,800 awards to over 700 faculty associates
- The Daily Free Press and The New York Times were run independently by students of Boston University
Courses Offered by the University
Boston University (BU) offers various courses at Bachelors, Masters level in various streams like Business, Engineering, Computers, Science, Medicine. Some of the popular courses are mentioned as follows:
- and Other Courses
Scholarships Provided by the University
The scholarship is a foundation in order to provide financial assistance to merit students. Here is the list of some of the scholarships provided by the university.
- Trustee Scholarships – Boston University
- Presidential Scholarships – Boston University
- and many more
- Documents: We have listed some of the important documents required for getting admission in the university.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP): Needed for a few courses.
- Letter Of Recommendation (LOR): Needed for all courses.
- Essays: Needed for a few courses.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Needed for a few courses.
- Additional documents: Required.
- Application fees: Applicants have to pay application fees around USD 80 – 125.
- Type of Deadline: Depends on the Course.
- Intake Season:
- Fall: 1ˢᵗ May 2018 – 1ˢᵗ May 2019
- Spring: 1ˢᵗ Nov 2017 – 1ˢᵗ Nov 2018
We hope that our article about the Boston University (BU) will surely help you to get to know about the various Top Universities in the USA and apply for the courses offered by them. Keep visiting www.govtjob.desi for more such Study Abroad articles.